Queen Mary 2 Fashion Week has debuted this week, featuring Dame Zandra Rhodes CBE known for dressing some of the world’s best-known style icons.
Dame Zandra has been joined by fashion royalty including Colin McDowell MBE, Fern Mallis and Gail Sackloff OBE on Queen Mary 2 for seven days of runway shows, glamorous dinners and exclusive unveilings before arriving in Manhattan for New York Fashion Week on September 8.
Queen Mary 2 Fashion Week headliners
Dame Zandra, known for dressing some of the world’s best-known style icons including Freddie Mercury, Jackie Onassis and former Cunard passenger Elizabeth Taylor, will showcase her latest collection this week on board Queen Mary 2.
Highly respected fashion historian and style commentator Colin McDowell and New York Fashion Week Founder Fern Mallis will also present a series of inspirational talks during the Queen Mary 2 Fashion Week voyage.
Cutting edge style
Guests onboard Queen Mary 2 will also have the opportunity to attend exclusive first look runway shows featuring collections from the world’s most famous fashion college, the Royal College of Arts. Among the graduates featured will be:
- Niels Gundtoft Hansen: An innovative Danish designer whose final collection aims to create the perfect balance between the raw edge and romantic beauty of his home country
- Stefanie Tschirky: Born in a small village in Switzerland, Stefanie hopes one day to own her own design studio, with a focus on interdisciplinary design and art work
- Sophie Schmidt: Sophie’s interest in design stemmed from her upbringing in a family of architects, and her collection is based on Anthroposophy – taking inspiration from life, the human body and soul to create a deeper meaning
- Oksana Ani: Oksana has taken inspiration from science and technology to create her Fluid’Sense collection, creating the feeling of wearing liquid clothes
- Laetitia Berthier: Influenced by social codes, values and symbols of power within menswear across decades, Laetitia’s collection is inspired by her French heritage and the varied and diverse influences discovered during her studies
Cunard’s ‘Transatlantic Fashion Week’ provides a rare and exclusive experience for guests set against the art deco inspired interior of the recently remastered Queen Mary 2.